The Vistas Homeowners Association

Search the FAQ:

Are solar panels allowed to be installed in this HOA?
Nov. 27, 2017
Yes, the Association does allow for installation of solar panels. You will need to submit a Home Additions or Improvement Form with all of the required documentation listed on the form (#1-5 as applicable). Once completed, please submit it to the Association Office to be put on the agenda for the Architectural Control Committee meeting. The ACC Committee meets on the second Thursday of every month.

Can I pay my HOA dues online?
Dec. 2, 2013
Yes, click on the "Pay Online" icon on the website home page. This will take you to Paylease, a third party vendor contracted to take online payments for the association. Please note that Paylease does charge convenience fees.

How can we go about instituting a limit on vehicles a unit has parked on the street surrounding their home? Our neighbors own 8 cars and all the homeowners around our culdesac have to deal with vehicles constantly parked in front of our homes. (2 of in states of disrepair and 1 is a company vehicle) Our HOA dues should be going to prevent this type of devaluation of our neighborhood.
Nov. 3, 2015
There are currently no restrictions in the CC&R's to the number of vehicles a person can have. The City of Sparks may have some restrictions. The Nevada Revised Statutes 116.350 prohibits HOA's from enforcing streets and sidewalks unless they are in a gated community. This regulation only gives exceptions for recreational vehicles, watercraft, trailers or commercial vehicles to the extent authorized by law. Unless the Nevada State Legislature changes this regulation, there is nothing the Association can do.

How much are assessments and when are they due?
Jun. 14, 2010
As of 2016 assessments are levied annually and payable during the year in quarterly installments. Assessments are due, in advance, January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st for $72.50 each quarter. An assessment will be delinquent if not received within 10 days after it is due. Delinquent assessments will be charged a $10.00 late fee. See Assessement Collection Policy for additional information.

How to file an ongoing noise complaint. IE mini bike going back and forth for hours
Apr. 16, 2012
Complete the complaint form and submit it to the association.

I have searched and cannot find the newsletter that I thought said you have loosened the restrictions on storage sheds; and that we can now put on our property resin or polyethylene sheds. Am I correct? What are the color restrictions, and do they need approval?
Sep. 18, 2016
The Board approved a Vinyl Shed Resolution on September 24, 2015. This resolution states "that the best interest of the membership would be served to allow vinyl sheds which MUST be approved by the Architectural Control Committee on a case-by-case basis, and needs to meet all the shed specifications" (see specs on shed request form) "and have the appearance of a stick built shed." The color of the shed needs to match the color of the house. Please contact the Association office if you have any additional questions.

Is Membership in the Association optional?
Jun. 14, 2010
No. Any person who becomes an Owner in The Vistas Homeowners Association is automatically a Member of the Association. Every member is subject to the requirements of the association and governing documents.

Is there a date scheduled to have another community yard sale? We are fairly new to the area and aren't sure how often they occur. We were out of town for the first one.
Jul. 29, 2010
The association has one community wide garage sale a year. Information is mailed to each homeowner prior to the sale.

Is there a limit to how many cars can be parked in driveway and in front of the house?
Dec. 24, 2014
The association does not have a specific limit on the number of cars a unit can have parked in the driveway or in front of the house. The association does however have rules that apply to inoperable vehicles and those that leak oil or other fluids in the driveway.

What is a homeowners association?
Jun. 10, 2010
It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to govern the community in accordance with the governing documents: CC&R's, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The governing documents may be viewed online at the home page.

Add Question
Name *
Email *
  Yes, display my name and location as the submitter of this question (including a link to my site).
Category *
Question *
   I can't read the text, please reset it.
  Powered by FAQ Builder
* required

Comments are closed.